Monday, December 8, 2008

Reflective letter (Rough Draft)

This fall quarter my writing process has developed from writing word webs to outlines that pretty much are the first rough draft. This writing process has changed the way I put/formulate my ideas and how I stay focused on the topic at hand. Learning about Bacon's Rebellion (all key components) first, before choosing a topic to write about definitely helped/improve my thought process. I began with the topic that I thought most, interested me. I believe that doing this writing process helped the way I wrote my essay, for example the quotes that I used made my ideas/thoughts shine. Also, the way I broke the paragraphs up accordingly, to what sub-topic I was talking about. Overall doing this writing process, compared to previous learned writing processes, has made me grow into a better writer.

Since I've been writing about history lately it has changed the way I learn about History. Writing about history changes my perspectives of what happened. I think that history is important to how we operate today. One of the huge occurrences that changed history was the Newspaper. Historical events that happened were often wrote in the newspaper. Mainly to form public opinion, which changed the way people thought.

During the course of this essay I picked the pace up and gathered my info as quickly as I could. Like essay #1, I struggled a bit getting started and putting my thoughts on paper. The only advantage I had while working on Essay #2 was the fact that I got to write about myself so to speak, rather than giving information as a 3rd party person. It gave me a chance to use my imagination and basically write a story. That's another thing that I noticed, how this essay gave us the option to write the following; Letter, Story, and or announcement. Essay #2, gave me the freedom to do basically what I wanted, but of course by following the rules given. If I were to write this paper all over again I would have tried harder to get it done faster, by this I mean have a concrete outline and have all the research done. with explicit citations for the paper.

1 comment:

JessicaAckerman said...

First off, I would change the ending f your first sentence a little, I'm a little bit confused about the "rough draft" part. I would also stay away from the slashes, "... way I put/formulate my ..., " I would stick to one or the other in a formal letter. Also, add some quotes from your essays in your portfolio, to the reflection. Like where you said, " the quotes that I used made my ideas/thoughts shine," which quotes?
I might change your second paragraph or just add to it more things about your writing, because it sounds a bit too historically oriented. I would also, change your ending to make it really strong, so that the reader ends on a good, understanding note.
Good start though!